About 2 weeks ago, I turned 38. The day came and went without much fanfare, which is how I prefer it. (Side note: unless you are bringing me a Carvel Ice Cream Cake, don’t bother bringing me a cake at all.) Melvin and I managed to go out that Friday but given my new, advanced, age we were home by 9pm. Also, going out when you know you will inevitably be woken up by a child at 6am sort of takes the fun out of it all.
Anyway, 38 has been filled with lots of self reflection. I’ve started using Headspace to clear my mind. I really like it. It has really helped me to be able to take a step back and evaluate my emotions before reacting. Obviously this doesn’t work 100% of the time, as Jasper still has a knack for pushing me just over the edge of sanity. Regardless, it’s a great app and I recommend it.
Other random things going on:
- I got really hot the other day and decided to get the sides and back of my undercut completely buzzed. To do this, I went to a great, local barbershop. While there, I realized that barbershops are way better than the salon. I paid $20 to get exactly what I wanted done plus they gave me a beer! There was no extra hair styling nonsense either. Total win!
- I bought this life changing article of clothing. I plan to buy more.
- I’ve been baking more. I have no idea why but I’ve found it to be a lot of fun. I have a large grapefruit sitting in my kitchen that I need to use for this recipe.
- School starts soon!! I cannot wait for the kids to be back on schedule.
- Inspired by StacyPlays, Pearl and Fern have started making their own Minecraft videos. If you have a moment to like them, it would make their day!!
- Books I’ve read so far this summer (reviews coming soon): Dietland, The People We Hate at the Wedding: A Novel, The Child, In a Dark, Dark Wood, Made for Love: A Novel, Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine: A Novel, Startup: A Novel