2017 was filled with joys and regrets. So many ups and downs.
Here is a list of both:
- Melvin starting his own practice.
- My travels to Hong Kong, Tokyo, Whistler, and Palm Springs for work plus a family trip to Disney
- Some of the best books I’ve read in a while including Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, Made for Love, All Our Wrong Todays, and The Witches of New York.
- Pearl really started to read books. Yay!
- Jasper is potty trained! Y’all I haven’t bought diapers for the first time in 7 years!
- I converted the spare bedroom into my office.
- Season 3 of Mr.Robot, another season of Kimmy Schmidt, Difficult People, Game of Thrones.
- Kendrick Lamar, Drake, Maroon 5, LCD Soundsystem, Lourde, Kesha.
- Hitting level 30 in Pokemón Go.
- Buying Taylor Swift’s new album. Complete garbage. Way too whiney.
- The latest season of Walking Dead. Why do I keep watching?
- Not going to the gym more.
- Not spending more time in Tokyo (although I could have spent a month there and it wouldn’t have been enough).
- Not owning a Toto toilet or bathtub.American toilet technology hasn’t changed since the invention of indoor plumbing. Why?!?
- Not making enough of an effort to hang out with good friends.
- Letting my anxiety take over too much.
- Not reading more books
- Losing my Bose noise cancelling ear buds. Sad day. Thankfully I was able to replace them with an updated bluetooth version which is better.